AS NOTED ON FACEBOOK I watched juno last night and didn't really like it. roger ebert, whom I normally respect (except for his knee-jerk politics and matching disdain for anyone who doesn't agree with his views) thinks juno was one of the best movies of the decade. I can think of SOOOOOO MANY movies from the last ten years that I liked better. some of them were even arty/farty. trying hard not to think too hard, here is one for every letter of the alphabet:
2. BATMAN BEGINS
4. DARK NIGHT RETURNS-hey I like batman!
5. 8 MILE
6. FELLOWSHIP OF THE RING-I almost put finding nemo here but I could not forsake BOROMIR
7. GOSFORD PARK-i almost put ghost world FOR A REASON
8. HARRY POTTER AND THE PRISONER OF AZKABAN-lupin, ladies
9. INGLORIOUS BASTERDS
10. JAY AND SILENT BOB STRIKE BACK
11. KISS KISS BANG BANG-and I didn't even watch the whole thing
12. LITTLE MISS SUNSHINE-i didn't love this movie but we are going for EASY and it didn't irritate me
13. MEMENTO-didn't even make ebert's best of the decade list
14. NO COUNTRY FOR OLD MEN-ditto
15. O BROTHER, WHERE ART THOU?-ditto ditto!
16. THE PRESTIGE
17. THE QUEEN-i couldn't watch this twice, but it's still better than juno
18. THE ROYAL TENENBAUMS-fuck yeah
19. SLUMDOG MILLIONAIRE
20. TRAINING DAY
21. UNDERCOVER BROTHER-better than UNDERWORLD or UNITED 93?
22. VANILLA SKY-another hard letter and I did not like V FOR VENDETTA
23. WALL E
24. X-MEN 2
25. YOU DON'T MESS WITH THE ZOHAN-i'm being honest here, I laughed a lot while watching this movie
HOW ABOUT YOU? the oughts were a bad decade for me in general, so i'm not going to talk about them any more if possible. best tv shows, maybe.